Autor Thema: SiDiary and Meter Drivers  (Gelesen 7131 mal)

Offline jkeopf

SiDiary and Meter Drivers
« am: November 02, 2005, 05:08 »
I am new to this site and I am close to ordering the software for use on both Windows PC and PPC.  I have one question for now.  It seems strange to me that you have to purchase the drivers for the various meters.  Am I understanding this correctly?  In order to download my meter readings to the desktop computer, I need the driver for my One Touch Ultra?

Why are these drivers not available for free once you purchase the software?  What can you do with the software if you don't use it in conjunction with your meter?

Thanks for the assistance and setting me straight. :patsch:

JKeopf

Offline LordBritish

• Global Moderator
  • Special Member
  • Diabetestyp: DM 1
  • Therapie: Insulin-Pumpe
Re: SiDiary and Meter Drivers
« Antwort #1 am: November 02, 2005, 07:39 »
Hi JKeopf!

You can buy what you need, you don´t pay for thinks your not using...
But there is a package to buy, with all Drivers and Components.
If you have a PPC, normaly you write your values of Carbs, Insulin...
why don´t write the values of Glucose in the PPC  :kratz:
If you write your values in the PPC then you don´t need the Drivers...

Lord

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
« Antwort #2 am: November 02, 2005, 08:33 »
Hi JKeopf,

Lord has already answered your question.

I just want to add some details about our philosophy:
We are providing our software modules as a modular construction system, which means that you can select exactly these modules, that you want to use. If one don't need a mobile version, why should he pay for it? If one wants to track his data with a mobile device, why he should pay for drivers for meter imports etc.

So with our system the customer can decide about what to purchase and there's no need to pay for stuff that you don't want to use...

Cheers, Alf.

DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit

Offline clector

« Antwort #3 am: April 19, 2006, 19:13 »
Hi All,
I have just purchased the Sidiary USB stick. My plan was to use this with my laptop and download the data from my sons freestyle mini onto the laptop through SiDiary. I purchased the Sidiary stick and was told I also needed a cable (from freestyle mini to laptop - to be sent from freestyle) and that I also needed another cable to connect to the freestyle cable to make it USB compatible. After waiting a month for the cable I have now been able to connect everything together but the laptop cannot read the data from the freestyle mini.
This is where I stumbled across this website - looking for a driver!
Now if I understand this correctly, I now need to buy something else now to make this work ??? can anybody help me out here? or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers

Darren

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
    • Diabetikertagebuch
« Antwort #4 am: April 19, 2006, 19:30 »
Hi Darren,

I have just purchased the Sidiary USB stick.
It would be great if you could drop me a line where you have purchased the SiDiary USB-stick (because Sinovo is currently selling this product in Germany only)?!

I purchased the Sidiary stick and was told I also needed a cable (from freestyle mini to laptop - to be sent from freestyle) and that I also needed another cable to connect to the freestyle cable to make it USB compatible.
Yes that's true since all Freestyle meters have a serial interface but not a USB-connector. So if your pc doesn't have a com-port, you will need the USB->Serial adaptor.

After waiting a month for the cable {...}
I'm really interested in the shop that have sold you the package...

I have now been able to connect everything together but the laptop cannot read the data from the freestyle mini.
This is where I stumbled across this website - looking for a driver!
Now if I understand this correctly, I now need to buy something else now to make this work ??? can anybody help me out here? or am I doing something wrong?

No, you don't need any additional licences! The USB-stick contains licences for the Windows-PC-application and all drivers including the Freestyle driver. There must be a technical issue probably with the cable or USB->Serial connector. I would suggest to contact our support-hotline to see what's going wrong...perhaps there's just a misunderstanding regarding the driver: The USB->Serial cable will need a manufacturer driver which will translate the serial data into the USB format. SiDiary needs a driver to understand the data that the Freestyle is sending (and this one is included with the USB-Stick!)... ;)

Cheers, Alf.

DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android

Offline Joerg Moeller

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Ohana heißt "Familie"...
    • Diabetesinfo
« Antwort #5 am: April 20, 2006, 01:00 »

The problem is your Adapter serial-to-USB. It won't work with any adapter. You need one, that doesn't support devices with connection-interrupts.

I know only one that works and that's the 'Sitecom CN 104' (Zuckerschnute has checked this out!)
Meine Seite über Diabetes: http://www.diabetesinfo.de/
Meine Facebook-Seite: https://www.facebook.com/Diabetesinfo.de/

Offline GrandAdmiral

« Antwort #6 am: April 20, 2006, 04:21 »
Any update on Accu-Chek coming around and allowing Sinova to create a driver?  That would be awesome if they finally opened up to that idea.

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
    • Diabetikertagebuch
« Antwort #7 am: April 20, 2006, 08:21 »
Yes in fact there is an update for Accu-Chek... :zwinker:
http://www.forum.diabetesinfo.de/forum/index.php?topic=2460

Ah, ok, it's a German thread  :mauer:

I was telling there that the current update package at sidiary.org does now conatin a (stable) beta driver version for the Accu-Chek SmartPix. This is the new "transferral box" from Accu-Chek and it can read several meters, pumps and Pocket Compass. So with this IO-box (connected to an USB-plug) SiDiary can also read from this meters (and we are currently working on enhancements that we will be also able to read from the pumps and Pocket Compass). So SiDiary will not do any infrared communications at this point but the price for the SmartPix is almost identical to the IR-key that you needed in the past...

Cheers, Alf.

Offline AirJordan

• Be careful how small things roll...
    • diabKlick! Die Diabetes Tagebuchsoftware!
« Antwort #8 am: Oktober 23, 2006, 09:54 »

The problem is your Adapter serial-to-USB. It won't work with any adapter. You need one, that doesn't support devices with connection-interrupts.
I know only one that works and that's the 'Sitecom CN 104' (Zuckerschnute has checked this out!)

Can you tell me where I can buy this Sitecom CN 104? I´ve searching conrad online shop but they have no Sitecom adapter.  :'( Thx.
Viele Grüße
Holger

>>diabKlick! Die Diabetes Tagebuchsoftware!<<
---- Jetzt neue Demo Beta 1.2.06.11 online -----
--------weiterhin BETA Tester gesucht !!! -----------

Offline LordBritish

• Global Moderator
  • Special Member
« Antwort #9 am: Oktober 23, 2006, 16:35 »

Can you tell me where I can buy this Sitecom CN 104? I´ve searching conrad online shop but they have no Sitecom adapter.  :'( Thx.

http://www.amazon.de/Sitecom-CN-104-USB-1-1-Serialanschluss/dp/B00066HK1A/ref=sr_11_1/302-7386637-7819201?ie=UTF8